International Podcast Day 2018 is coming up this Sunday September 30. I’ll be celebrating by listening to some of my favorite shows and working on the next episode of my podcast, Imagine Otherwise.
Ways to celebrate
Listen to and subscribe to your favorite podcasts! It’s totally FREE.
Find new podcasts: try a new genre, show, or format and see what you’ve been missing. If you’re already planning to create a podcast, this could be a great day to launch.
Make a podcast! If you’ve been curious about podcast production, take the time to sketch out what your podcast could cover and how you would put it together.
Tell a friend about a podcast they might like or tell them what podcasts are if they’ve never heard of them.
Three of my favorite podcast miniseries
Some Imagine Otherwise episodes to get you started
- Ep 67: Aimi Hamraie on the Politics of Disability and Design
- Ep 60: Leah Lakshmi Piepzna-Samarasinha on Writing Yourself Into History
- Ep 53: Elicia Gonzales on Reproductive Justice and Latinx Queer Advocacy
- Ep 51: Aileen Suzara on Filipino Food Activism and Eco-Education
- Ep 43: Marcella Ernest on Native American Filmmaking and the Power of Podcasting
- Ep 45: Tanisha C. Ford on Black Creative Genius and Being Bold in Work and Life
- Ep 41: Rosanna Raymond, Léuli Māzyār Lunaʻi Eshrāghi, & Ricky Tagaban on Indigenous Sovereignty Movements & Climate Change
- Ep 34: Karen Jaime on Queer Puerto Rican Slam Poetry and the Classroom as Performance Space
- Ep 23: André Pérez on Transgender Oral History and the Power of Storytelling for Trans People of Color
- Ep 22: Wazhmah Osman on Autoethnography and Diasporic Afghan Documentary Filmmaking
- Ep 3: Aymar Jean Christian on Queer and Trans of Color Media Production
Sign up for Ideas on Fire’s newsletter
Podcast episodes, articles, and offers right to your inbox to help you rock your interdisciplinary career