I have a new online course over at Ideas on Fire on how to write a great editorial letter or report.
Developed for academic developmental editors working with authors in the humanities, social sciences, and interdisciplines, the course covers:
- Holistically evaluating a manuscript with and without in-text edits
- Offering specific solutions to manuscript problems
- Describing revision recommendations without overwhelming authors
- Tying revision advice to academic authors’ goals and needs
- Differentiating editorial letters from peer review reports while valuing both
- Finding the language and structure that resonate with specific authors
Learn more and enroll here.