Event: Workshop for Cultural Studies Job Seekers
Come join Ideas on Fire at the
Workshop for Cultural Studies Job Seekers
at the 2017 Cultural Studies Association conference
in Washington, DC
In this hands-on workshop, participants will hear from faculty and administrators from academic institutions as well as non-academic employers and learn strategies for navigating their job searches both within and beyond the academy. We’ll cover the various parts of the job search process, including identifying industries and workplaces that are a good fit, applications, interviews, hiring cycles, and negotiating offers. Ideas on Fire in particular will be talking about how cultural studies scholars can build diverse, exciting careers beyond the academy and how they can best match their skillset and expertise to careers in various industries. If you’re seeking a career within or beyond the academy, this is a great chance to learn about the large range of options you have and how to navigate the job search process.
Individual feedback option: If you want individual mentoring on your job search process, including feedback on your application materials, you should apply by May 20. Full instructions are here. The workshop will be open to the public, however, and you do not need to apply or submit anything to just attend.
Join us on May 27, 2017, 1:00–2:30 pm at Georgetown University in Washington, DC
You can register for the conference here.
Check out the other Ideas on Fire events at CSA this year:
- Podcasting and Public Intellectualism workshop
- Author Meets Critics session: Minh-Ha T. Pham in conversation with Elizabeth Verklan
- Author Meets Critics session: Tressie McMillan Cottom in conversation with Abigail Boggs and Nick Mitchell
- Author Meets Critics session: Rebekah Sheldon in conversation with Caroline Alphin
- Author Meets Critics session: Sunaina Maira in conversation with Terry K. Park